- February 11, 2017
- 0 comments
You’re Crazy Not to Be Using LinkedIn for Your Business
LinkedIn is the Rodney Dangerfield of social media: despite having 200 million highly influential users, it gets no respect. Even though it is consistently ranked among social giants Facebook and Twitter, it doesn’t manage to get as much hype from the mainstream media. But as a tool for marketing your business, it comes with a huge edge over its widely used peers. Because unlike Facebook and Twitter, which often trade in cat photos, inane one-liners and political rants from crazy uncles, LinkedIn is all business.
How businesses are leveraging LinkedIn
There are 1.3 million small-business owners in the network. How are they using it? Exactly what benefits do they see? Read about a few:
- Sharing wins: Promoting your successes is just good marketing. It will make you look good to prospective customers. With 2 million C-level executives utilizing the site, you may find yourself with some influential new friends.
- Getting referrals: LinkedIn removes so much of the friction and awkwardness of giving and getting endorsements for the work you are doing. Best part? When someone gives you props on LinkedIn, everyone in your network will notice in their activity feed.
- Finding new talent: If your small business continues to grow, you’ll definitely need to hire new employees. LinkedIn is a fantastic place—scratch that, it’s the BEST place—to find new players to include in your team.
- Promoting events: LinkedIn’s event feature is a game changer! It’s never been so easy to spread the news and drum up excitement about upcoming events, sales and gatherings. You can even use their service directory to locate professional event planners to assist you.
- Boosting website visitors: Here’s a little-known secret about LinkedIn: it’s very influential with Google, so if you have a presence on LinkedIn, you’re going to notice a bump in search engine visibility, too. More eyeballs, more prospects.
- Getting answers: LinkedIn is a goldmine for tips on running a successful business. You can uncover great advice from a number of the savviest business minds in the world in LinkedIn Answers and Groups. You will discover over 2000 groups focused on small-business-related topics.
- Finding investors, vendors and partners: It’s a networker’s paradise. Whether you need some capital, a new accounting firm, or even a business partner, you’re not going to find a better resource than LinkedIn. Anywhere.
We’re just scratching the surface here, folks. The benefits don’t stop there. Go to LinkedIn, set up a page for your business and find out for yourself. I know your time is limited, but trust me, it’s worth it.