- November 24, 2017
- 0 comments
5 Useful Steps to Place Your Smalls Business Ahead of the Competition
Anyone who’s tried knows that small business marketing isn’t for the faint of heart. Marketing your small business depends on doing certain things and doing them well. The amount of competition we face nowadays is breathtaking, and working out how to get your website & online marketing performing well is tricky.
Here are five important steps to get ahead of the game!
- Create a Marketing Plan – Don’t leave anything to chance. Construct a well-thought out, concise plan that maps out each of your marketing elements and just what you need to do to make it work. Make it as detailed as possible. At the very least fill in the broad strokes.
- Social Media Marketing – 91 percent of experiences social marketers generate improved website traffic and 79 percent generate more quality leads according to MediaBistro.com. How do they do this? They don’t waste time with their social media marketing. Map out a plan for social media an stick to it.
- Build a Mailing List – MarketingProfs.com reported emails averages a ROI (return on investment) of $40 for every $1 spent. This far exceeds keyword ads ($17) and banner ads ($2). Don’t be misled into thinking collecting and building an email list is dead. If you don’t build a list, you are failing to build your business! You simply can’t afford to leave such a large source of potential profits for your competition.
- Video Marketing – Research has shown a video is 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google than any other text page! That’s too good to pass up. Small businesses can engage in this by video marketing. The video market is still comparatively untapped and having a simple video advertising your wares can gain you loads of Google traffic along with authority.
- Have a Mobile Presence – Make certain your websites are optimized for mobile, as more than half of all searches now are originating from some sort of mobile device. Microsoft reports that mobile browsing is projected to overtake desktop browsing by 2014. Having your pages mobile optimized can help improve your reach, as well as corral impulse buyers.
Don’t Try To Be A Superhero & Do It All Alone!
None of us can do it all, particularly when it comes to the constantly changing world of online marketing. Find out what’s working now, learn from the best you can afford, and hire the very best outsourcing you can get. It will pay off handsomely in the end!