If you’re in business you need to be marketing that business like your life depends on it, cos it probably does! Unless you’re lucky enough to be married to a big city lawyer or a lotto winner then I’m guessing your business is your main stream of income. Therefore you must treat it like someone has a gun to your head demanding money. (Get Off Your Arse – Brad Burton)
Below I’m going to share with you my top three ways to market any business for FREE but the problem is you have to put some effort into it because just reading this article just isn’t enough! A half-assed attempt at this stuff will only get you half-assed results.
So please read this article in it’s fullest, then read it again and be prepared to skip a few episodes of Coronation Street every week to get this stuff done and you WILL see results. Sure they won’t happen overnight but they will happen!
FREE Marketing Tactic #3
Possibly the oldest way to market your business online but in my opinion still the best. Email is FREE and everyone knows what it is and how to use it. Yet many small business owners still don’t use it to its full potential. Believe you me – you are leaving a ton of money on the table if you are ignoring the power of email marketing to your existing customers and potential customers.
- Mailchimp.com – Mailchimp is FREE (up to 2500 subscribers) and easy to use plus it boasts a shed-load of amazing features such as Automation, Facebook Ads, Landing Pages and so on. All you need to do is plug in your customers’ email addresses (CSV file) and away you go!
- Drip.com – Drip is also FREE to get started and is more targeted towards the eCommerce market.
- Aweber.com – Aweber is the grandfather of email marketing software and is also FREE to try for 30 days.
So go ahead and get your feet wet with email marketing, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to automate your business using this simple form of marketing that has stood the test of time.
FREE Marketing Tactic #2
Now before you run and hide behind the couch because you don’t understand what blogging is – or if you think that blogging is just for people with strange and obscure hobbies like underwater basket weaving think again. Blogging for business is a must and it’s really quite easy to do. All you have to do is write articles (like this one) about your business.
Top 3 Tips To Get Ideas To Blog About
- Use You FAQs. What are the most commonly asked questions you get from your customers? If you’ve been in business for a while then this should be easy for you. Take the most commonly asked questions and write an article about each. For example, I get asked all the time: How Do I Get My Business To Page 1 Of Google?
- Be Clark Kent for the day. Write about local news and/or events. This is a great way to attract local web traffic. Take stories that are loosely related to your business from your Facebook or Twitter feed or even the local radio station and add your own spin to it. You could even go as far as being a ‘roving reporter’ for the day and shoot some videos or take some pictures for your article. Just remember to get changed in a phone box! (are they still a thing?)
- Google It! If in doubt – you can always rely on good old Uncle Google to provide the info. All you need to do is a little bit of research into your chosen topic and ‘hey presto’ trusty Google will provide you with a wealth of ideas.
FREE Marketing Tactic #1
Yes, you’ve guessed it! Again, don’t be scared, this is something you NEED TO EMBRACE. Social media is everywhere and it’s here to stay – so get involved. It does take a lot of hard work but believes me it’s worth it. Now since we’re talking about business here I guess I should be suggesting using the only social media platform designed for business and that is LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a must for all business owners, you NEED TO BE ON HERE. It’s free and easy to use, it also has a premium version which is well worth the investment.
Using all 3 marketing strategies above to the fullest will absolutely guarantee more exposure to your business – but here comes the cold water: IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT! If you are really serious about marketing your business yourself then you NEED to be using all 3 of these tactics in unison.
Let’s get started!
I’ll assume you already have a LinkedIn profile (or another social media account) set up and you’ve added some contacts from your target market (should be done daily) I’ll also assume you have a blog to add content too.
Step 1: Choose 5 subjects to blog about to start by using the 3 tips from above. Make sure this content is engaging, useful & worth sharing with others.
Step 2: Publish the content and share it on your social media platform (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc.)
Step 3: Create an email campaign about the 5 subjects using your email marketing software (from above) and send it out to your subscribers.
BONUS STEP: Repurpose your content. Now that you have 5 amazing articles about your subject matter we’re not stopping there – make hay when the sun shines right?
By repurposing your content you are getting, even more, reach with just a wee bit more effort.
- Create An Ebook – Ebooks are great to use as ‘giveaways’ on your website or to your existing customers. You can use software like Designrr to make this process a breeze!
- Make a Video – Video is everywhere and it’s is, if not already, taking over the Internet. Software like Content Samurai will have you cranking out videos like a pro in no time.
- Start A Podcast – Podcasting is a great way to get your information out there. You can use it to provide industry tips & tricks, interview industry leaders and answer your audience’s questions.
- There you have it. My 3 FREE Tactics To Market Your Business.
- Please feel free to share below.